Marian Rivera a blessed Mother. Her kids love vegetables! The two little ones are adventurous eaters who are always ready to try anything their supermom makes for them. Zia, the oldest, even enjoys eating hard vegetables like okra and broccoli! How does Marian feed her children? She makes vegetables that are delicious of course!
Unfortunately, this enthusiasm for vegetables is not common in most Filipino households. Based on the Department of Science and Technology Food Nutrition Research Institute’s (DOST-FNRI) 2018 – 2019 Expanded National Nutrition Survey, many Filipinos lack nutrients because our diet lacks fruits and vegetables.
If your kids don’t like to eat vegetables, here are some ways to try to encourage them. How did the celebrity Mother Marian manage?
Marian set a rule in their household that every meal must contain at least one vegetable. Because she always eats vegetables, her children see it as a part of mealtimes and not a chore to overcome.
Another tip is to include new vegetables in your children’s diet or find new ways to cook or taste them. Children need to keep trying things many times to get used to new tastes before they accept them.
At Marian’s house, they cook many different dishes with vegetables and the children love watching their mom experiment in the kitchen. Marian’s secret to making those vegetables taste good is Ajinomoto Ginisa Flavor Seasoning Mix.
With CLASSROOM®the dishes become more tasty meat! Marian’s family uses it on everything, from fish to eggplant. With food IT Well, it’s easy to feed kids their vegetables! One of Marian’s favorite recipes is Creamy Vegetables & Macaroni, check it out here:
Creamy Vegetables & Macaroni
- 1 Liter (1000ml) of Water
- 200 g of Macaroni
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil (plus a little more for the macaroni)
- 1/4 cup (25g) onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. (30g) garlic, minced
- 1 cup (75g) cauliflower, florets
- 1/2 cup (45g) Shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated, sliced
- 3/4 cup (75g) Carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup (100g) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (50g) Red bell pepper, small cube
- 1 1/2 cups (370ml) Fresh milk
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5g) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (35g) Cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. (5g) Parsley (optional)
- In a pot of boiling water, cook macaroni pasta according to package instructions. Drain, brush with butter or oil to prevent sticking, then set aside.
- In a casserole, heat the oil. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the cauliflower, shiitake mushrooms, and carrots. Mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add corn and red bell pepper then cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in milk and mix well. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add AJI-GINISA®, pepper, salt, and cheese. Mix well, then add the cooked macaroni pasta. Mix until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving bowl then garnish with parsley and serve!
Every day, Marian works hard to make meals that her children can enjoy while also being healthy. He makes sure that every dish is seasoned with love and AJI-GINISA®. Eat well, live well, like Marian, there are delicious and nutritious meals for the whole family!
Karina is not your ordinary supermom. He juggles his time bonding with his three amazing children while being in the loop on the latest happenings in the tech and lifestyle scene. Follow me on Instagram (@digitalfilipina) regularly visit www.digitalfilipina.com for daily dose of updates not just for mom but for everyone!